Saturday, November 17, 2007

Technorati

Interesting. I am amazed-shocked-incredulous at the sheer numbers of people out in the blogosphere. I am still a little confused about what Technorati mean by "authorities" on the site, but after I am done with this posting, I will go back and play with it a little more.

This site is so interesting, it has the potential to suck up every waking second I will ever have. You could spend lifetimes reading boing-boing, and wondering why anybody would invent such things, write about them, and then I will spend more time reading about them. This is probably a very dangerous introduction.

I don't understand how people are making money from these sites/blogs, and if they aren't making money, how are they affording to sink so much time into them?

I have conducted severeal keyword searches, including Library Learning. Certainly, I get many of the posts from our little project but an awful lot, as well. I want to see what happens if you put "quotes" around your keywords. How is Technorati different from Google Blogs? I have to search side-by-side and see what I get.

Intriguing...

No comments: