Friday, November 2, 2007

I don't get Rollyo

I have a daughter who lives in Mount Maunganui NZ (yes, New Zealand, believe it or not) so I created my search roll about Mount Maunganui with the idea that it was narrow enough that I would be able to know if I got good hits or not.

Rollyo doesn't seem to be much better than Google or ask.com. Maybe it's my non-librarian brain. It strikes me as a filtered Google or something like that. I'm not getting the Eureka! moment.

I got good results but its basically the same list of sites. Of course, since I input the source web pages, it's not designed for me to discover other, great sources of info but I suppose that has its uses, too.

Everything can't be as maravelous as generators, which I was really jazzed about. Sorry, "about which I was really jazzed." Grammar, grammar.

Here is the link to my scrollsearch for Mount Maunganui NZ (that's a 'zed,' not a 'zee', and not to be confused with Mount Wanganui, which is on the other side of the country): http://www.rollyo.com/search.html?q=mount+maunganui&sid=324725.

No comments: