Friday, October 19, 2007

Week #3 - Flickr

I've gotten a little behind due to a frantic week last week, but that's OK, there's time to catch up.

A photo that really caught my eye on Flickr was http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=SA4%20048&w=all, taken by Bikebiker999. The photo is of Tres Montanas (3 Mountains) on the Rio Futalefeu in northern Patagonia, Chile. I visited there two years ago on a whitewater rafting trip. It is pristine and gorgeous, if a little chilly. The photo on Flickr was taken several years ago. There is a camp/resort looking out at that vista now but the camp blends so beautifully into its surroundings and is so unobtrusive, you would barely know anyone had built anything on the spot. It reminds me of a wonderful trip.

I posted a photo that I had taken of colleagues in CDD about a year ago. They came to work dressed in their various ethnic dress one day, and wanted a photo taken. I think it was for a presentation their department was making. They wanted to illustrate their diversity. It is posted at http://www.flickr.com/photos/15434356@N05/ While my photography wasn't brilliant, I smile every time I see it sitting in our online photo file. It represents the best of working at QL. Every one in that photo was very proud of her own identity and what she brought to the whole, but at the same time, was very proud of working with the team. I admire that ethos.

No comments: